Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The Toronto Mayoral Debate

  Unfortunetly I have not paid much attention to the upcomming election and will not be voting nor do I believe any of my friends will be. I do have an idea that the new mayor should address when their new term bgins. Littering is a big problem, even though u can find a garbage can everybody seems to be to lazy to take a fiew extra steps to properly dispose of their garbage. More than anything you will find cigerette butts everywhere. I think that the next mayor should try and find a solution for this. I know that if you go to some nice places perhaps Don Mills Center or Yorkville you will find a dispencer where you can throw your cigerette once you are finished. I think thatw e should make this a more common thing around the city. There are many other ways like have you ever noticed when you go down south on vacation you can smoke anywhere inside or out, but do you ever see a cigerette butt on the floor? All resorts have a pit of sand ontop of their garbage cans so that people can butt out their cigerettes. I think this technique is succesfull and maybe we could use something that simple to help keep our city clean.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not voting either!
    but I totally agree Toronto is dirty & filled with cigarette butts & whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree. Littering is a huge problem Toronto faces, I'm glad someone mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned The Shops On Don Mills,
    I'm there all the time lol, (I live right across from the mall). That stood out to me.
    I agree with the clean up situation too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You address a very nice issue but i think there are even worse things here in Toronto that need to be addressed as well.. so what im trying to say is for example in a lot of areas i pass by and find the public waste bins full so i mean if they can take care of the main issues how do you expect them to deal with other forms of littering

    ReplyDelete